Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Jay R Jay R is offline

Default OT - Free newsgroup access for Roadrunner / Verizon people

In all honesty, I think the porn aspect is just something to hide behind.

It is all about bandwidth and how it is used.

I grab ebooks and music from a couple of the newsgroups.

I also have a couple of newsgroups on wood, trains and guns that post a lot
of pictures.

I left Comcast years ago because they limited the total message size over a
monthly period.

I just saw they are testing a plan in Texas markets to limit downloads to 5
gig a month. The plan is to charge for more. I suspect that Verizon will
go the same way.

"Swingman" wrote in message
We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you
in
the future.

"serve"??

Newspeak for "... continuing to f*ck you over in the future." Verizon has
love it ... they get to reduce services you PAID for, under the guise of
"public good".

In reality, it's nothing more than censorship ... EXACTLY the kind of crap
you should expect when you dumb down a populace.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08