Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Any good tool sets?

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Jun 22, 1:00 pm, Al Patrick wrote:
Also, IF you need more tools than you can afford in good tools you're possibly better off
with a better variety in cheaper tools. The advantage to cheaper tools is that if you use
them a few times you've gotten your money out of them.
Al

Good point. Sometimes you need a thin-wall socket, or a deep one, or 6
point, or a swivel socket. Most of the time a cheap thick-walled 6-
point impact socket will do as well on stuck bolts as an expensive SK.

I use mainly Snap-On or SK. BUT I do own a couple cheaper sets as well.
Those are the ones I let the relatives and wanderers use if they need
tools..
They also are handy when you get a messed up bolt or nut. Just find one
that is close and drive it on. Use it and throw away the bolt/nut and
socket. That way you are not trying to put that POS fastener back in...

--
Steve W.