Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

On 2008-06-22 15:49:18 +0100, Roland Perry said:

In message 485d8e78@qaanaaq, at 00:27:52 on Sun, 22 Jun 2008, Andy
Hall remarked:
So realise your passport needs renewing before it's too late, and post
it! Also, London may not be your nearest office. Mine is probably
still the Peterborough one, only an hour away.

Sorry. That doesn't work if the passport is needed for a trip
somewhere each week.

If you are so disorganised that you have a trip to do and didn't
realise your passport had expired...

The point is that the renewal time for a passport by post can be
several weeks. During that time, it would not be possible to leave
the UK. For me that's not workable, so the passport has to be
renewed in a day or two max. That can only be done by someone visiting
the office. I don't have time to spend on that and even less
inclination.

Mine took several days, three to be exact, all done by post.

I literally can't be without a passport for more than one day or
possibly two. I certainly can't work with some variable unknown
timescale.

Anyway as it's only renewed every 10 years, unless you are filling up
the pages with visa stamps, quite difficult to do in this era of the
EU, surely you can organise your life to take this once in 10 yearly
event.

I manage to get a passport full of visas and other stamps in a couple
of years, because I travel to places beyond the EU as we as within it.

This is not a question of being organised but of practicality.