Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default "Ripping" 1x6 fence pickets

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I need to finish off my wood fence at the edges and cornes, where I cannot
use a normal 1x6 picket because it's less than 6" in width.

I would need to rip about half a dozen pieces of 6' tall pickets in
varying widths.

I went to the big borg store thinking they could do it for me but no
ripping and nothing less than 12". So I have to do it myself.

I don't have a table saw nor a jig saw. I have a compound miter saw, a
recipricating saw, and an angle grinder. I don't have a circular saw
either. Which tool I have is the easiest? I am thinking to use the
recipricating saw but the cut won't be clean and smooth?

MC

An inexpensive circular saw, carbine blade and the rip fence made for the
saw you buy makes a poor man's table saw for ripping the occasional board.

If your cuts are not straight ( same amount needs to be removed all along
the board), skip the fence and use a spare board as others have suggested.

Seriously a circular saw should be the next tool a DIY homeowner buys. A
drill always seems to be the first item needed.

--
Colbyt