Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default "Ripping" 1x6 fence pickets

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"BobK207" wrote in message
none of the tools you have are appropriate to the job

I would suggest getting a used table saw on craigslist (cheap) & then
either keep it when you're done or resell it.

Or rent one? But I doubt anyone rents table sawa.

cheers
Bob

***************************************
I don't usually recommend cheap tools, but a $200 saw from Sears is
adequate for the job and will last the typical homeowner for many
years. I see them for sale all the time used too.

Just be sure to take the time to find out how to use on properly and
safely, make a couple of push sticks and learn how to set the fence to
avoid kickback. Never use the miter to crosscut with the fence.

Heck, if you want econo, Blue Borg even has one on a stand (no wheels or
folding) for $99. It's that Task Force line. Then a couple of Firestorms
for 129 & 139 then the entry level Hitachi for 229.

Here's the link to the list of em Miami if your considering it.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productList&Ntt=table%20saw&Ntk=i_tools &Ns=p_product_price|0&N=0&sortOp=lowToHigh