Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default damndelion killer

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 06:04:43 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

Useless bloody stuff... doesn't work worth a damn on horsetails (Equisetum
arvense). Ammonium sulphamate works extremely well and degrades to
ammonium
sulphate in the soil. Trouble is that it was banned in Europe this year
and my
stocks will run out in two or three years time :-(

??? I thought I was an expert on weed killers. I've not heard of this. How
do you apply? concentration? method? I'm googling this compund next.

Karl

Dosage is very high... up to about 250lb/acre depending on the weed. It works
on the plants in a similar way that CO works on us, disrupts nitrogen
metabolism. Soil recovers in about three months. Good for clearing poor land
of tough weeds before laying a lawn and good for killing tree
stumps/horsetail/Japanese knotweed/other nuclear resistant plants. Probably
not so good for spraying in an orchard :-)

I might have to go over to undiluted domestic glyphosate.

Mark Rand