Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message 485e8469@qaanaaq
from Andy Hall contains these words:

You're completely missing the point. Of course I know when the
documents are going to expire. The issue is the lack of performance
of civil servants in not being able to turn around a passport renewal
guaranteed in 2 days without a visit to one of their offices.
Ideally, I would like to identify who is responsible for this and
arrange a P45 for them.

Currently that would be Gordon Brown then. The civil servants who
actually do the work are paid peanuts so why on earth do you expect
anything other than monkeys?

As the task is now contracted out to an "agency", they aren't civil servants
any more and GB (or any other Minister) has no day to day control of what
they do. Presumably they do get "targets", but these are unlikely to be
audited more frequently that every few years.

tim