Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default "Ripping" 1x6 fence pickets

Here's a novel concept. And a less than ten dollar solution.

http://tinyurl.com/4b86tz

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I need to finish off my wood fence at the edges and cornes, where I cannot
use a normal 1x6 picket because it's less than 6" in width.

I would need to rip about half a dozen pieces of 6' tall pickets in
varying widths.

I went to the big borg store thinking they could do it for me but no
ripping and nothing less than 12". So I have to do it myself.

I don't have a table saw nor a jig saw. I have a compound miter saw, a
recipricating saw, and an angle grinder. I don't have a circular saw
either. Which tool I have is the easiest? I am thinking to use the
recipricating saw but the cut won't be clean and smooth?

MC