Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Ripping" 1x6 fence pickets

"BobK207" wrote in message
none of the tools you have are appropriate to the job

I would suggest getting a used table saw on craigslist (cheap) & then
either keep it when you're done or resell it.

Or rent one? But I doubt anyone rents table sawa.

cheers
Bob

I don't usually recommend cheap tools, but a $200 saw from Sears is adequate
for the job and will last the typical homeowner for many years. I see them
for sale all the time used too.

Just be sure to take the time to find out how to use on properly and safely,
make a couple of push sticks and learn how to set the fence to avoid
kickback. Never use the miter to crosscut with the fence.