Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al Patrick Al Patrick is offline

Default Any good tool sets?

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Jun 22, 8:02 am, "Steve Lusardi" wrote:
Roger,
...He also advised me to never
buy a tool that was not of the highest quality. ...
Steve

I have to disagree slightly. First-rate tools are wonderful if you
work inside but they can be lost outdoors as easily as the cheapest
ones.

Also, IF you need more tools than you can afford in good tools you're possibly better off
with a better variety in cheaper tools. The advantage to cheaper tools is that if you use
them a few times you've gotten your money out of them.

When you get "good" tools remember the saying on so many Snap On tool boxes. "I make my
living with my SnapOn tools. Please don't ask to borrow them!"

Another saying, "I'd rather lend my dog than my tools. My dog knows his way back home!" :-)

Al