Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.broadcast
Rob Rob is offline

Default Colour Temperature (was CFLs and UHF interference)

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 08:27:24 +0100, Rob wrote:

I was told, when I first started driving, to engage the clutch when
starting because it relieves load on the battery/starter.

How does engaging the clutch reduce the load? The default state (pedal not
pressed) of the clutch is engaged and the input shaft of the gear box is
driven.

Now if you *disengaged* the clutch, by pressing the clutch pedal, drive is
removed from the gearbox input shaft.

Yes, 'push it in' as I would have it. On my old Mini I was told it did
something with the transfer gears as well.

Rob