Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick-Meister Rick-Meister is offline

Default Add Floetrol to *exterior* latex paint?

Emulsa-Bond is perfect for painting over gloss and semi-gloss paints
as well as chalky paint. It eats into the emulsion of the old paint
and gives the new stuff something to bite into.

The Flood Web site (and the painting tips pamphlet I picked up from the
store) mentions Floetrol only for *interior* latex paints. But the stuff
they mention for *exterior* latex (EB-Emulsa Bond) seems to be only to
deal with chalky surfaces. If I pressure-wash and scrape the exterior
surfaces before painting, is there any reason to use EB-Emulsa Bond
rather than Floetrol?

BTW, I see that Flood is now owned by Akzo-Nobel, the same Dutch company
that owns Glidden.

Perce