Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Jet Mini 1014 availability

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 12:05:36 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Something that I really like about the Jet mini is that you can easily adjust
belt tension, which I couldn't do on my larger Jet with VS.. YMWV

A bonus to that is when you are giving a demo or teaching. Something
I learned from a demonstrator was to tighten the belt only enough to
get good traction and leave it there. That way if there is a good
catch when turning, the belt will slip and minimize the trauma. It
works!

It's like a built in safety feature.

Exactly... I should have mentioned that, since it's WHY I like to be able to
adjust belt tension..

Turning is a lot like war.. the less drama, the less trauma..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing