Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Carl Ijames Carl Ijames is offline

Default Any good tool sets?

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
news
Carl Ijames wrote:
The Channellock brand set that Sam's Club carries is pretty good and
has most of what you want, in a sturdy black hard plastic briefcase.

$70 or so?

I have that set, and have had it for a couple of years. It is a very
good set of tools for many purposes. I doubt it, or any other
reasonably priced set, will include all of what he specified. He
didn't say what size sockets, wrenches, hammers hex keys, etc. he
might need. It will depend partly on what he expects to be working
on. Watches? Bicycles? Lawn mowers? Automobiles? Earth movers?
Something all together different?

I expect he'll need something like this to start with and a separate
box, or two, for his extras - dependent upon tasks to be performed.

That's the one. By "most of what you want", I meant all the general
purpose stuff :-). He'll definitely need to add all of the specialized
stuff to any general purpose tool set he buys.

--
Regards,
Carl Ijames carl dott ijames aat verizon dott net