Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Add Floetrol to *exterior* latex paint?

The Flood Web site (and the painting tips pamphlet I picked up from the
store) mentions Floetrol only for *interior* latex paints. But the stuff
they mention for *exterior* latex (EB-Emulsa Bond) seems to be only to
deal with chalky surfaces. If I pressure-wash and scrape the exterior
surfaces before painting, is there any reason to use EB-Emulsa Bond
rather than Floetrol?

BTW, I see that Flood is now owned by Akzo-Nobel, the same Dutch company
that owns Glidden.

Perce