Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus12603 Ignoramus12603 is offline

Default Any good tool sets?

On 2008-06-21, RogerN wrote:
I'm interested in getting a nice all purpose mechanical tool set that I can
carry to whatever I need to work on and have most of what I need. I like
the Craftsman kits but they are sockets, more sockets, and other sockets. I
need sockets, wrenches, screw drivers, channel locks, pliers, cutters, a
hammer, hex keys, etc. I see the cheapy homeowner chinese sets that have
all that but I need something with some quality.
Anybody here ran across any good sets worth having? Or maybe I just need to
get a tool box and build my own set.

There are many Craftsman sets that include a lot of tools besides
sockets. I would not buy the bottom of the barrel Chinese sets. Look
again at Sears.com or ebay. "craftsman mechanic tool set"

What I do not like about those sets, is that they have a lot of
repetitions, i.e. a 1/2" hex socket with 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 drive.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/