Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Any good tool sets?

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 15:39:27 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
"RogerN" quickly quoth:

I'm interested in getting a nice all purpose mechanical tool set that I can
carry to whatever I need to work on and have most of what I need. I like
the Craftsman kits but they are sockets, more sockets, and other sockets. I
need sockets, wrenches, screw drivers, channel locks, pliers, cutters, a
hammer, hex keys, etc. I see the cheapy homeowner chinese sets that have
all that but I need something with some quality.
Anybody here ran across any good sets worth having? Or maybe I just need to
get a tool box and build my own set.

From my last experiences with Searz, I would guess that the chiwanese
sets were -better- than the Crapsman...with the possible exception of
screwdrivers. I haven't bought -any- Crapsman tools since they went
totally to **** in the late 70s.

Look for a cheap Taiwanese set.

--
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
-- Earl Warren