Posted to alt.home.repair
Troy Troy is offline

Default GFCI Outlet / LED tripped indicator.

I'm good with wood and good with plumbing. Electricity scares me to
death! So I have this GFCI Outlet in the kitchen with a red LED light
that normally lights up when the outlet trips. (It only trips when I
test it from time to time.) Now, the LED light had decided that it
will stay on permanently. I just assumed I should have it replaced,
but it still seems to work just fine (shutting off then testing and
then reseting just fine). As long as it still tests okay, am I in
good shape, or is the LED light indicating a problem?

Thanks for any info!

Troy