Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement bathroom - what maintenance needed?

"DA" wrote in message

Are you sure it is truly below grade? Do you know the elevation of the
septic or sewer lines? Do you have to walk up steps to the front door?

The basement is below grade and you do have to go down 8' to get there.
I'm not sure what depth the public sewer is at but the pump is an integral
part of this option, so I guess the waste has to come up, no matter how
high.

From the street, is the front door at the same level? I've seem thousands
of houses with "basements" that are actually about grade level and you still
have to go down 8 feet to get to them from inside, but the ground has been
graded up in the front. The back has a walk out basement. This makes it
easy to offer that basement yet have the utilities underground at a
reasonable depth.