Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Veatch Tom Veatch is offline

Default Simulating Aged and Weathered Wood

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 07:19:10 -0400, Maxwell Lol
wrote:

Personally - I find that using a torch makes wood that looks like a
torch was used on it.

Micro-Mark sells oaints that simulate weathering

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares...partment&ID=46

But this is for miniature model builders, and the sizes are in ounces
and not gallons.

For instance,
http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares...oduct&ID=80873

is a tint that creates the weathered grey look, which is probably
exactly what you want, but it's $7 for 3 1/2 ounces.

Thanks, Maxwell, that's the sort of thing I was looking for when I
started this fool's errand. And the small quantities may be a plus
since this particular project is fairly small and not something I plan
on starting as a new career.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA