Posted to alt.home.repair
DA DA is offline

Default Basement bathroom - what maintenance needed?

DA had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ed-314070-.htm
:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Much of that stuff is pre-fab and not easily changed. Cost of doing
your
house different can cost more, even with less in it.

I realize that. Yet there is nothing they can pre-fabricate in a finished
basement because the entire space down there is an option and is
constructed on-site. I am guessing it the whole thing with the pump that
makes them insist the tub should stay 'cause it probably serves as an
overflow reservoir?

Are you sure it is truly below grade? Do you know the elevation of the
septic or sewer lines? Do you have to walk up steps to the front door?

The basement is below grade and you do have to go down 8' to get there.
I'm not sure what depth the public sewer is at but the pump is an integral
part of this option, so I guess the waste has to come up, no matter how
high.

Depends on how bad you have to pee or if there is someone else in the
other bathroom.

There are three more johns in the house :-)

Thanks!

\//.