stuart noble

Default Fixing a mirror into a wooden frame

Bob Smith wrote in message ...
stuart noble wrote:
Bob Smith wrote in message ...
In another NG, they suggested panel pins. I would think I would
have to put a sheet of cardboard between for that, so I don't get a
scratched mirror over time.

For that size glass, 3/4" panel pins. Lay the pin flat on the
cardboard, push down hard and whack it with the edge of a flat sided
chisel or similar. Difficult with a hammer.

I actually have a panel pin pusher that I have only used once before, that
should do the trick.

Not ideal because the pin will be at an angle equal to the size of the
pusher's handle plus your fingers, and often the rebate isn't deep enough
for an angled pin.The beauty of the chisel method is that the pin goes in
flat *and* square and stops the glass rattling. For a one-off small mirror
you could always bend the pins flat.