Posted to alt.home.repair
DA DA is offline

Default Basement bathroom - what maintenance needed?

DA had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ed-313911-.htm
:
RBM wrote:

It will require a small pit with a plastic tank and macerator pump.
When you
use water, the pit fills and the pump turns on and empties it out your
waste
pipe. They don't require maintenance until they fail. I would only do
it, if
you have a need or believe it will help for resale

Thank you for your suggestions RBM. I am a little skeptical about things
that don't need maintenance. My upstairs bathroom does not have any
additional equipment such as the pump yet still needs periodic maintenance
due to clogging. So, I would follow your advise and skip the bathroom
since I'm not looking for resale (not in foreseeable future anyways) and
the need is not all that great.
Thanks again.

\//.