Posted to alt.electronics
Don Kelly Don Kelly is offline

Default Newbie Questions - mV

"Starman" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm a newbie and wanting some advaice. I just purchased a multi-meter and
was wondering when I check the charge or voltage of a 1.5 battery, do I
place the switch selector to DCV on 2000m or do I place it on 200m? I am
confused as to what is the correct choice and proper voltage selection. I
know that for a 9 volt battery I place the selector on DCV 20 and I
correct?

Start on the 20V range and see if the reading is below 2V which is 2000mv.
1mv =1/1000 volt.
Some meters do this for you but if this is not the case, then start on the
highest range and work down. Also read any instructions that came with the
meter - it helps.
--

Don Kelly
remove the X to answer