Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Exterior doors. Steel of Fiberglass?

On Jun 20, 1:24 pm, Steve wrote:

I recently installed a new front metal-clad door for a client. The
warranty was void if it wasn't painted within (I seem to recall) three
months.

That would make a lot of good sense. From what I understand, that
primer is some kind of specially formulated super fast dry stuff, with
little or no resins in it for any kind durability.

Since you are "up the road" from me in San Antonio, do you mind me
asking what you use for finish on your metal doors?

I would love to hear what you are charging these days for a standard
entry installation with new trims, with the door and trims painted, if
you don't mind. I'll swap pricing with you if you want.

If you don't want others to see, I can be reached at

just take out "the trash" and the "can" at the end if you are
interested.

Thanks -

Robert