Mark & Shauna

Default Does anyone still make tape measure refill tapes?

We are in the building trade and used to buy refills (we exclusively
use 25 and 30 foot chrome stanley's) but when the refills began to cost
as much as a tape they started to disapear (and of course we stopped
buying). It used to be that a 25' chrome stanley would cost about 15-17
dollars depending on how you bought them. The refills were then about
10.00 and we felt it worthwhile to buy them. Now however, when we buy
the tapes by the box (4pcs at a time) we pay just over 8.00 for a 25'
tape and a bit more for a 30. I dont think they could sell you the
refill for what it would be worth.
We have used a lot of different tapes and have personally found these
the best for us. We go through a lot of them but even for the individual
buying 4 at a time is not a big deal at under 40 bucks. For the average
joe that may be a year or more worth of tapes. I seem to buy a couple
boxes every couple months hehe...
The sad part now is that the blades are usually not what fails for us,
its the recoil, which is now a sealed unit and cant be repaired. Perhaps
they should sell those!

Mark

Dirty Bob wrote:
Seems to me that refill tapes for tape measures used to be available. I say
used to be, because I've been shopping around when I get into town. Nobody
seems to have them, and the general consensus is that they aren't available
anymore. Guess I'll have to spring for the $15 to $20 for a whole new tape.
Unless, that is, someone here can enlighten me as to a source for these
things.

Hopefully:

Bob