Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ Andy Champ is offline

Default Car Headlight s(was Colour Temperature (was CFLs and UHFinterference) )

charles wrote:
In article ,
:Jerry: wrote:
WRONG. driving lamps can also be fitted below the bumper level,
otherwise an awful lot of car manufactures are fitting four fog lights
to the fronts of their cars...

depends on the height of the bumper. The C&U regulations used to specify
that the centre of the lamp had to be 24" above ground to avoid being
classed as fog light. I've no reason to believe this has changed.

Charles,

do you happen to know if there are restrictions on how close to the
front of the car headlights have to be?

It seems to me there may be aerodynamic restrictions caused just by
light regulations.

Andy