Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Sketchup - Basic table

"Earl Creel" wrote in message
No quarter sawn white oak but wish I did. The next time you get that big
Sony TV off the Green Design Console you should take a good picture of

that
cherry top.

You got me mixed up with Brian ... an honor in any event!

That will make a good image to add to your collection of wood
textures. I am no expert on this but I think you should get your Console

in
best light possible, shoot the picture as perpendicular to the top as you
can, crank up the resolution on your camera a bit, and don't get too

close.
Edit the jpg image (crop) so that you have nothing but the top in your

final
image. With good image files it is possible to make your model look

almost
as good as a picture of the finished piece. If you get resolution too

high
and you use several different textures on your model it increases the size
of your model file.

I'll give it a try ... on QSWO.

Thanks,

--