Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default Exterior doors. Steel of Fiberglass?

On Jun 20, 1:23 am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
wrote:
*cough* *choke* *gasp*

Gives a whole meaning to that Texas phrase, "High Cotton"G.

Crap! I don't know a homeowner that would let me build in that kind
of finishing price.

Only if the H/O wanted the front door to color match their boatG.

Couple with he fact that it probably has to be
colored at the plant and shipped, that would be an exciting day to
get
the invoice on that stuff!!

Just curious, how does the door manufacturer finish a F/G door?

Gel coat, raw glass, paint primed, paint primed and finished?

Lew

Depends on the door. Given the color and the way mine is flecking, I'd
say chocolate chips thinned with horse ****.