Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Air compressor intercooler/water separator

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:19:14 -0700, "Carl McIver"
wrote:

I've been giving a good bit of thought about how to separate the water
before it gets into my compressor tank. I'm currently planning on running
it through an automotive air conditioning evaporator core and then into
something similar to what I've found on the web called a "franzinator" which
separates the water from the air by giving the air flow a sharp turn after
leaving a small pipe into a larger pipe.

The franzinator works by creating a pressure drop and a sharp turn.

Is there a way I can figure out if there will be a freezing problem, or am I
overthinking this issue, which happens all the time?

Part of your thinking should be directed to how expensive it'll be to
dry air with this "franzinator" thing, in dollars or air output, if
either is important to you.

--
Ned Simmons