Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Mandatory Headlights (was Colour Temperature (was CFLsand UHF interference) )

David Hansen wrote:

Actually enforcing speed limits would be a fuel/emission saving
measure.

Around here (and, I am sure in mahy other parts of the world),
"enforcing" speed limits has been done by much speed hump building.
While I do not have any figures to report, my instinct suggests that a
vehicle being driven at, say, a fairly steady 30 or 40 mph would
probably use considerably less fuel than one being repeatedly braked,
eased over a hump, manically accelerated for a few tens of metres, and
repeated up and down roads and hills.

(This is NOT to suggest driving at 40mph in an area which should be
30mph - or even 20mph - it is purely a question on fuel consumption.)

--
Rod

onset.