Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Earl Creel Earl Creel is offline

Default Sketchup - Basic table

No quarter sawn white oak but wish I did. The next time you get that big
Sony TV off the Green Design Console you should take a good picture of that
cherry top. That will make a good image to add to your collection of wood
textures. I am no expert on this but I think you should get your Console in
best light possible, shoot the picture as perpendicular to the top as you
can, crank up the resolution on your camera a bit, and don't get too close.
Edit the jpg image (crop) so that you have nothing but the top in your final
image. With good image files it is possible to make your model look almost
as good as a picture of the finished piece. If you get resolution too high
and you use several different textures on your model it increases the size
of your model file.
Earl Creel
"Swingman" wrote in message

"Earl Creel" wrote in message
Swingman I think you should have built your table out of flat sawn red

oak.
See attached.

Hehe ... way to go! Ya got any quarter sawn white oak in your stash?

Actually, I've been thinking about taking the camera out and rolling my
own
textures to go in Sketchup.

--
www.e-woodshop.net