Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Motor start cap

In message , geoff
writes
In message , John Rumm
writes
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

The motor start cap on my chip collector seems to be a tiny bit
dead. Anyone know where I can find something similar to a CD60 cap,
100 uF, 250V AC or better. Size wants to be something in the order
of 35mm diameter and 80mm tall to fit in the bulge on the case.

Almost any electronic store, or a p[lace that really stocks spares
for washing machines etc. etc.

Well I just looked in Maplin, CPC, RS and Rapid, and could not find an
exact match. RS had some that matched the spec, but were way to long
to fit the case. I could probably get a 60uF that would fit, not sure
how critical the actual capacitance is in this situation.

100uF sounds quite high, are you sure that's right?

What are the physical dimensions ?

--
geoff