Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Shingles curling (upward)

On 06/19/08 09:03 am wrote:

I had a 25 year roof installed after my roof was damaged by hail. The original roof
had been on about 20 years and was in good shape up to the point the hail beat it to
death. This new roof is about 9 years old and I see that its curling (upward) in
various sections on the south face of the roof. The roofers want $5700 to do the
whole roof and $3K to do the curled face about (20' by 20').

snip

This should be covered under warrantee. Are there attic ventilation or
decking issues that contributed to the failure? Will the repair fail
prematurely for the same reason?

So if I replace the shingles on the roof of my unventilated shed, any
stated warranty on the replacement shingles is meaningless/worthless?

Perce