Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
Mark Carver Mark Carver is offline

Default Colour Temperature (was CFLs and UHF interference)

Mortimer wrote:

I had a very bad experience with an automatic Ford Focus that was hired for
me to make a business trip: it had an aversion to going over 50 mph: the
more power I applied, the further it changed down - I could have 50 in any
of 5th, 4th, 3rd or 2nd gear! On the M25, every time I got the car up to 70,
some poxy HGV would pull out in front of me, requiring me to brake to 50 and
then take several miles to coax the car back up to 70 without provoking it
to change down.

Sounds like an over zealous kick-down switch/sensor.

I've driven autos for 25 years, though I don't ponce about with anything less
than a 2 litre engine :-)

--
Mark