Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.d-i-y
:Jerry: :Jerry: is offline

Default Colour Temperature (was CFLs and UHF interference)

On 2008-06-19 20:34:25 +0100, ":Jerry:"
said:

"Rod" wrote in message
snip

Re DAF, so did I. Wind up, wind up, wind up, go!!!!

Bloody horrid transmission, lethal in the wrong hands - literally,
there were more than a few cases of malfunctioning (wrongly set up)
transmissions ending up killing those trying to meddle...

How?

I now of one case were someone sitting in the car died due to a
snapped neck and another case of someone run down by the car he was
working on, the system used vacuum to active the variable cones (thus
gear ratio) and clutch, AIUI the wrong engine revs coupled to the
wrong vacuum settings could cause the car to achieve a very much
higher velocity from a standing start than normal or expected, that
could also defeat the parking brake. They were also lethal to the
local cat population who would climb into the nice warm belt area,
squished cat makes quite a mess....