Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Motor start cap

John Rumm wrote:

The motor start cap on my chip collector seems to be a tiny bit dead.
Anyone know where I can find something similar to a CD60 cap, 100 uF,
250V AC or better. Size wants to be something in the order of 35mm
diameter and 80mm tall to fit in the bulge on the case.

When I needed one for my pressure washer, I went to a local motor rewind
firm, and they sorted through their bin and found me a used - but good -
one. It wasn't identical to the original one in size, but it fitted and
works fine.
--
Cheers,
Roger