Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Craigs list part time machinist update

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 06:23:06 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Karl Townsend" quickly quoth:

Life is good when you have great help. I suggest you slap some golden
handcuffs (pay raise) on that fella before he looks around for another job.
There ain't nothin' that says I need you like a pay rate increase.

I disagree with that thought, Karl. A quick bonus would be better as a
"Thank you" and preclude the possible secondary reaction: him thinking
that he needed to improve his output even more "to deserve the raise."
He's doing fine; why mess with a good thing? I'm sure Tawm has told
him all he's told us and more.

A bonus could be a new tool that the guy's been wanting or the usual
cash thing.

The one plus of this slow economy is good help is easier to find. We just
hired 26 teenagers to pick strawberries. One of the finest groups of
youngsters we've ever had.

Goodonya, Mate.

--
After all, it is those who have a deep and real inner life who
are best able to deal with the irritating details of outer life.