Dan delaMare-Lyon

Default Draughty sash windows - advice needed

In article , Steve Firth wrote:
Dan delaMare-Lyon wrote:

so we removed tehm and had sympathetic UPVC replacements

No such animal exists. Also the life expectancy of uPVC is shorter than
that of seasoned wood. Ulitmately, no matter what witless planners
think, it doesn't really matter because the uPVC windows can be removed
and replaced with something else in future, but IMO they're a really
poor choice not only looking vile but not even coming close to living up
to the overpaid salesmans claims.

This salesman was a lot less overpaid than many of the others that
wanted 10k for the job. I looked at sliding sash UPVC's too and they
were lovely - but as expensive as wood.

If we had had the funds to replace all the windows in wood we would
have done - but at the time we had 2k to play with - and managed to
stretch to a loan of a further 3 - giving us 5.

Job done in UPVC as a function of cost.

Cheers
Dna.