Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hardwood floor prolem

"Bob" wrote in message
When it was installed, it looked great. Since then, several boards have
edges that are higher than the boards next to it. This certainly was not
that way when it was first installed. The height of the raised boards
varies from .005 to .017 inch, measured with a feeler gauge.

He said that a variation tolerance of one board over the next was .012,
and that most of the boards were within that tolerance. I said that this
was not explained to me when I bought to floor. Since, I have gone to the
web site of Capella Hardwood, and they make no mention of this variation.

I said I wanted a company representative to look at this and get their
input. This will happen next week. Of course, I don't know what the rep
will say, and if they tell me this is normal, what path options I have or
which to take.

Your expectations are just plain ridiculous. Call your friend and if he is
still talking to you, apologize to him.

Wood moves, expands, contracts with changes in humidity. Your concrete
floor is not that perfect either.