Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Pulled the trigger !

ED wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:03:53 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

On a ZX45 milling machine from Wholesale Tools (www.wttool.com) .
Saved enough with my new customer coupon to pay most of the freight
... This is the RF45 clone and now I gotta get that bench built ,
cuz the cheapo base cabinet I have in that location right now sure
isn't going to hold 750 pounds !

Congrats, Set mine on a welded base, 3x1/4 angle frame with
3/16 sides. with storage for heavy stuff underneath. Do yourself
a favor and do the fieldstrip/clean flush gearbox ect. and reassemble
before putting into service.

Lots of upgrades available if desired.
Pretty handy milldrill . ED

Thanks , Ed , mine is going on a wooden base for now at least . I'm a
cabinet maker by trade ... though I do have some 2x2-.110" square tube , and
the tools required . Might have to think about that ! How tall is your base
?
I plan on a fairly complete disassembly (everything that moves ...) ,
heard a lot about how nasty they can be . Makes it easier to get it up on
the bench too ! Also gives me a chance to fine-tune everything , tram it in
and all that . I'm really looking forward to making some chips , this will
be a perfect partner to my Wards (Logan) 10 X 30 Lathe .
--
Snag
'90 Ultra "Strider"