Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Hardwood floor prolem

Bob wrote:

A couple months ago (04/15/08) we replaced the carpet in our family
room with hardwood. The product was engineered wood made by
Capella Hardwood - pecan, if that makes any difference. It is
tongue and groove and glued directly to the concrete slab.

When it was installed, it looked great. Since then, several boards
have edges that are higher than the boards next to it. This
certainly was not that way when it was first installed. The height
of the raised boards varies from .005 to .017 inch, measured with a
feeler gauge.

I don't know your flooring or what a feeler guage is, just curious. Was
a moisture test done
before install? Was product delivered few days before install to adjust
to temp/humidity?
Capella's website has warranty and installation info, he
http://www.capellafloors.com/install_warranty.htm