Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Where can we migrate too?

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:20:03 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

dadiOH wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
metspitzer wrote:
Either all of Verizon is going to Google or we have to pick a Big 8.

I vote changing to a Big 8, although the guys that grant permission
to start a new group are pricks.

Change ISPs. Your connectivity provider does not have to be your ISP.

Huh? Do you mean, "Your connectivity provider does not have to be
your *NSP* (news service provider)"?

Well, that too. I often put Tabasco in soup.

I'm connected to the internet via Comcast, but my ISP is Earthlink.

Your news server is Giganews.

Actually, no. My NNTP server is news.west.earthlink.net. Earthlink farms it
out to giganews.

_____________

Verizon is not PREVENTING access to the alt. hierarchy, they are
simply not PROVIDING it.

To OP...

Many free text only news reading services, few read *AND* post ones. Check
via Google.

Some inexpensive NSPs both read and post. Binaries too in some
cases...
http://individual.net/
http://usenet-news.net/
http://www.teranews.com/

Good suggestions, but that's fighting the symptom rather than the disease
(Verizon).

Better would be to drop Verizon as an ISP and sign up with an ISP that
doesn't caval and toady up to crazy people.

I agree. Change to cable. Charter offers unlimited (but throttled)
binary access with their Usenet feed. It works out to be about 80G
per month included.