Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark F Mark F is offline

Default help me, please

Cydrome Leader wrote:
Hi, I have a 1 gallon paint can. There is paint on the sides of
the can, so I cannot read the instructions on how to open the can.

How can I open this can of paint? It looks like the lid press fits into
the can and can be opened the a flat screwdriver or a paint can opener,
but I don't know what to do. Paint cans are very clever.

help, help.

If it is a 3.8 litre or 4 litre can, you'll need to ask Armstrong for
instructions on converting the broken, presumably SAE screwdriver to
a broken metric item. When prying the lid, one should be conscious
of the proper units of force. I prefer newtons, and differences of
about 0.1 Newton can be quite significant.
Make this entry into your reference notes - 0.1 Newton = 1.0 decifig.
/mark