Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default help me, please

Hi, I have a 1 gallon paint can. There is paint on the sides of
the can, so I cannot read the instructions on how to open the can.

How can I open this can of paint? It looks like the lid press fits into
the can and can be opened the a flat screwdriver or a paint can opener,
but I don't know what to do. Paint cans are very clever.

help, help.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Cydrome Leader wrote:

Hi, I have a 1 gallon paint can. There is paint on the sides of
the can, so I cannot read the instructions on how to open the can.

How can I open this can of paint? It looks like the lid press fits into
the can and can be opened the a flat screwdriver or a paint can opener,
but I don't know what to do. Paint cans are very clever.

help, help.

Turn the can up-side down on the edge of a table and lie on the floor
staring directly at the edge of the can. Now, with a flat blade
screwdriver, very carefully pry the lid off.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-06-17, Jim Chandler wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:

Hi, I have a 1 gallon paint can. There is paint on the sides of
the can, so I cannot read the instructions on how to open the can.

How can I open this can of paint? It looks like the lid press fits into
the can and can be opened the a flat screwdriver or a paint can opener,
but I don't know what to do. Paint cans are very clever.

help, help.

Turn the can up-side down on the edge of a table and lie on the floor
staring directly at the edge of the can. Now, with a flat blade
screwdriver, very carefully pry the lid off.

And post the picture to your facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/people/Ken_Kanno/563234514

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus17809" wrote:
Jim Chandler wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:

Hi, I have a 1 gallon paint can. There is paint on the sides of
the can, so I cannot read the instructions on how to open the can.

How can I open this can of paint? It looks like the lid press fits into
the can and can be opened the a flat screwdriver or a paint can opener,
but I don't know what to do. Paint cans are very clever.

help, help.

Turn the can up-side down on the edge of a table and lie on the floor
staring directly at the edge of the can. Now, with a flat blade
screwdriver, very carefully pry the lid off.

And post the picture to your facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/people/Ken_Kanno/563234514

I'd peg him for more of a myspace guy, you know, with the whole highschool
vibe and all.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
Hi, I have a 1 gallon paint can. There is paint on the sides of
the can, so I cannot read the instructions on how to open the can.

How can I open this can of paint? It looks like the lid press fits into
the can and can be opened the a flat screwdriver or a paint can opener,
but I don't know what to do. Paint cans are very clever.

help, help.

Why open the can? All the paint is obviously on the outside. Use as is...
or did you need the can as a place to store your recent purchase of bulk
pencil shavings?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 17, 12:41*pm, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Hi, I have a 1 gallon paint can. There is paint on the sides of
the can, so I cannot read the instructions on how to open the can.

How can I open this can of paint? It looks like the lid press fits into
the can and can be opened the a flat screwdriver or a paint can opener,
but I don't know what to do. Paint cans are very clever.

help, help.

Try he http://www.ehow.com/how_1139_open-paint-can.html

Remember Google is your friend (even if they do
give away search records to the gov.?)

dennis
in nca
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-06-17, Jim Chandler wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:

Hi, I have a 1 gallon paint can. There is paint on the sides of
the can, so I cannot read the instructions on how to open the can.

How can I open this can of paint? It looks like the lid press fits into
the can and can be opened the a flat screwdriver or a paint can opener,
but I don't know what to do. Paint cans are very clever.

help, help.

Turn the can up-side down on the edge of a table and lie on the floor
staring directly at the edge of the can. Now, with a flat blade
screwdriver, very carefully pry the lid off.

And post the picture to your facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/people/Ken_Kanno/563234514

And how do I post pictures to somebody else's webpage?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

rigger wrote:
On Jun 17, 12:41?pm, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Hi, I have a 1 gallon paint can. There is paint on the sides of
the can, so I cannot read the instructions on how to open the can.

How can I open this can of paint? It looks like the lid press fits into
the can and can be opened the a flat screwdriver or a paint can opener,
but I don't know what to do. Paint cans are very clever.

help, help.

Try he http://www.ehow.com/how_1139_open-paint-can.html

This site is very clever, and easy. Everything is 3 steps. I shall try
this tonight. I have an Amstrong screwdriver, which is from a government
auction. It must be high quality because it says Armstrong. The tip is
worn off and handle cracked, but it is still very good quality. I will
paint it and sell it. I will call Armstong tomorrow about this
screwdriver.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Chandler wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:

Hi, I have a 1 gallon paint can. There is paint on the sides of
the can, so I cannot read the instructions on how to open the can.

How can I open this can of paint? It looks like the lid press fits into
the can and can be opened the a flat screwdriver or a paint can opener,
but I don't know what to do. Paint cans are very clever.

help, help.

Turn the can up-side down on the edge of a table and lie on the floor
staring directly at the edge of the can. Now, with a flat blade
screwdriver, very carefully pry the lid off.

This is a good idea. The weight of the paint will help the lid to come
off.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ask over in rec.guns. There may be some difference of opinion as to just how
energetic a round to use as a can opener. My first guess would be 12 Ga
shotgun or .44 Magnum. Better to check with the experts.

Better yet, use the Mythbusters technique. Set the paint can in the middle
of the room and affix some explosives. This saves a lot of time and energy
versus using rollers or brushes to spread the paint. If you can't detonate
it remotely, please wear ear and eye protection. We wouldn't want you to
hurt yourself, your mom might get mad at us.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 17, 6:01*pm, Cydrome Leader wrote:
rigger wrote:
On Jun 17, 12:41?pm, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Hi, I have a 1 gallon paint can. There is paint on the sides of
the can, so I cannot read the instructions on how to open the can.

How can I open this can of paint? It looks like the lid press fits into
the can and can be opened the a flat screwdriver or a paint can opener,
but I don't know what to do. Paint cans are very clever.

help, help.

Try he *http://www.ehow.com/how_1139_open-paint-can.html

This site is very clever, and easy. Everything is 3 steps. I shall try
this tonight. I have an Amstrong screwdriver, which is from a government
auction. It must be high quality because it says Armstrong. The tip is
worn off and handle cracked, but it is still very good quality. I will
paint it and sell it. I will call Armstong tomorrow about this
screwdriver.

Good plan. Just don't give away your true identity (wink).

dennis
in nca
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Cydrome Leader wrote:
Hi, I have a 1 gallon paint can. There is paint on the sides of
the can, so I cannot read the instructions on how to open the can.

How can I open this can of paint? It looks like the lid press fits into
the can and can be opened the a flat screwdriver or a paint can opener,
but I don't know what to do. Paint cans are very clever.

help, help.

If it is a 3.8 litre or 4 litre can, you'll need to ask Armstrong for
instructions on converting the broken, presumably SAE screwdriver to
a broken metric item. When prying the lid, one should be conscious
of the proper units of force. I prefer newtons, and differences of
about 0.1 Newton can be quite significant.
Make this entry into your reference notes - 0.1 Newton = 1.0 decifig.
/mark
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Cydrome Leader wrote:
Jim Chandler wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:

Hi, I have a 1 gallon paint can. There is paint on the sides of
the can, so I cannot read the instructions on how to open the can.

How can I open this can of paint? It looks like the lid press fits into
the can and can be opened the a flat screwdriver or a paint can opener,
but I don't know what to do. Paint cans are very clever.

help, help.

Turn the can up-side down on the edge of a table and lie on the floor
staring directly at the edge of the can. Now, with a flat blade
screwdriver, very carefully pry the lid off.

This is a good idea. The weight of the paint will help the lid to come
off.

Feel free to substitute a plasma cutter
or gas ax for the screwdriver.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-06-18, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:
Jim Chandler wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:

Hi, I have a 1 gallon paint can. There is paint on the sides of
the can, so I cannot read the instructions on how to open the can.

How can I open this can of paint? It looks like the lid press fits into
the can and can be opened the a flat screwdriver or a paint can opener,
but I don't know what to do. Paint cans are very clever.

help, help.

Turn the can up-side down on the edge of a table and lie on the floor
staring directly at the edge of the can. Now, with a flat blade
screwdriver, very carefully pry the lid off.

This is a good idea. The weight of the paint will help the lid to come
off.

Feel free to substitute a plasma cutter
or gas ax for the screwdriver.

gax ax?

He meant the gas coming out of your ass, you can use that instead of
acetylene to open paint cans. Just remember to add some oxygen and
light that up.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-06-18, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:
Jim Chandler wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:

[...]

That's very clever, AND very (very very) funny.

I find it interesting how you always chime in with really dull/stupid
comments when everybody else is having a good time laughing at your
antics.

So, here's my latest project. I got a military surplus lawn rake. It is
very sturdy. I will paint it and sell it.

When I use it, my weak skins gets blisters and I cry from the pain. What
should I do to prevent this injury when using this high quality rake?

It was been suggested that I use gloves, but I don't know. I have some
surplus gloves, they are very high quality.

What do you think I should do?

How do I use these gloves?

After everybody answers, I will just say that I will use the gloves, and
that was my original plan anways.

I need a quick answer now.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-06-18, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:
Jim Chandler wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:

[...]

After you put army surplus foot powder on your hands.