Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

On Jun 17, 4:39 pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:
The fact remains that if the seller refunds *through the PayPal refund
process*, then there are no deductions.

My wife must have imagined it.

You've already told us that the seller refused to refund the money.
therefore it's reasonable to assume that your wife did not get a
refund from the seller through the normal PayPal refund process.
Presumably she got something from PayPal themselves, maybe redress for
a broken transaction under the buyers protection scheme. I'm quite
happy to accept that they levy admin charges in that case.

This is not, however, a refund from the seller using the refund button
that appears on the same page as the transaction details. If it were,
no deductions would have been made.

BTW, I'm taking it from your comments here that you have never attempted
to obtain a refund via PayPal, would that be correct?

I have sent and received numerous refunds via PayPal and no deductions
have ever been made.

I have never attempted to obtain a refund *from* PayPal, i.e., the
business entity currently registered in Luxembourg.

MBQ