Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Where can we migrate too?

metspitzer wrote:
Either all of Verizon is going to Google or we have to pick a Big 8.

I vote changing to a Big 8, although the guys that grant permission to
start a new group are pricks.

Look for many of the other remaining 'net providers to follow suit, now
that the NY(?) AG and company has bullied some providers into 'taking
steps' to eliminate the online child porn groups. Rather that trying to
sort the degrees of filth, the cheap and easy answer is to dump the
entire alt.* hierarchy.

The decay curve is getting steep. Other than mirrors like Google (who
many newbies think own and run newsgroups anyway), I'll be surprised if
Usenet as we know exists 10 years from now. Most of the functions it
originally served (corp and edu in-house comms, technical lookups and
forums) has already migrated to gooey, GUI web sites.

--
aem sends...