Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default rechargeable batteries?

patrick wrote:
Nate; I too use the task force light as a bike light. Works well
though I've had the occasional rider coming toward me shield their
eyes! Am working on a light shield that will provide a sharp cutoff at
the top of the hotspot .I use some older 1800 mah nimh's that give me
a runtime of a bit over an hr- bout right for the length of my ride on
a fairly well lit path in the wee hrs. Pat

better yet, someone on one of the bike groups turned me on to this:

they produce a very wide, narrow beam pattern. Not quite as much
close-in light as a proper E-code car headlight, but as a $8 hack to a
$30 flashlight, it works better than it has a right to.

Unfortunately, I seem to have found way too much stuff to do lately to
do any significant amount of riding - today is the first nice day in
appx. 2 weeks and I've got a whole pile of cardboard to break down for
recycling before I go to bed...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.