Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.survivalism,sci.electronics.repair,rec.backcountry,rec.knives
Retief Retief is offline

Default Does anyone know a good LED pocket flashlight with decent brightness

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:25:54 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I don't know of any such. The closest I can find, is a Mini Mag 2 AA light,
with the Nite Ize conversion. Might not be good for house numbers, but you

I picked up one of the AA Mini Maglites with a 3 Watt LED... It's as
bright as the big boys (e.g. D-cell models with the 3W conversion).
Obviously the batteries won't last as long...

My mini mag, I got the Opalec conversion when they first came out. 3 LED,
and not very bright. Later got the Teralux conversion. Turns out the new

Haven't seen a conversion for my Mini Mags... I bought one with the
3W LED installed.

Retief