Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default rechargeable batteries?

N8N wrote:
this flashlight is actually used primarily as a bike headlight, that's
why I bought the rechargeables so I could ride at night.
Unfortunately the weather has not been cooperative lately; every
single day for the past couple weeks it has either been 95 degrees
and/or torrential rain, so it's been sitting. It's one of hte Lowe's
deals I recommended in the other thread (the 3W LED one.) I thought
that the rechargeables should be ready to use because I bought them
very recently and rotated them through the charger at least twice, so
they should have been at worst only partially discharged. I wanted to
use them to save the alkalines in case the power didn't come back on
today I wouldn't have to buy more, but they were utterly and
completely dead, not even a glow from the LED. I probably have 4-5
hours run time on the alkalines and the light is still bright on
them. I don't remember the brand of the batteries (couldn't see them,
obviously, as I was swapping batteries in the dark) my charger is a
couple year old Energizer charger that does both NiCads and NiMH.

nate

I just bought one of the 3W Lowes LED lights. I wanted a bright LED and
it was probably your recommendation in other thread that sent me to
Lowes. Very good deal - thanks. Wondered about the run time and glad
to see it must be several hours. Light is very bright and I have a few
other LED's that are not. Not thinking rechargables but I would think
that C NiMH might be expensive.